SD Dimensions Special: Population, Poverty and Environment
How can the UNFPA Technical Support Services (TSS) system enhance the contribution of population programmes to poverty alleviation and to the promotion of sustainable development? That was the critical question addressed by an FAO/ILO Thematic Workshop on Population, Poverty and Environment, held in Rome on 26-30 October 1998.
This Special includes documents from the Workshop on Population, Poverty and Environment. These are:
- Population and poverty: the policy issues, by Geoffrey McNicoll
- Population and environmental change: from linkages to policy issues, by Alain Marcoux
- Rural poverty: population dynamics, local institutions and access to resources, by EveCrowley and Kirsten Appendini
- Anthropometric, health and demographic indicators, by Simon Chevassus-Agnès
- Workshop report highlights